PDA

View Full Version : Music!!!

Dukie
04-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Okay Music gets me through the depression, and dancing! So what upbeat music do you like that I can add to my play list. (Okay people don't laugh some of these are silly!)
I had a blast at a rave the school put on and danced sooo much my calves hurt for two days after!!

1. Mama Mia! - Mama Mia!
2. Mama Mia! - Super Trooper
3. Pussy Cat Dolls - Jai Ho!
4. All American Rejects - Gives You Hell
5. Flo Rida - Right 'Round
6. Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody

Can't think of any others right now....

pccogni
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Good on ya!
I think of music as my closest friend, always there and always there when you need them, they never let you down!

edwardme
06-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey Dukie,

Yes, music is great, and the weirder / funnier the better.

Try old show tunes that are just bizarre in today's way of doing things, and also TV show themes, which can be just as funny, or even uplifting.

Some old commercials can do it as well (or ones from other countries). Make Google your friend!

Be well,

Edward

RobinS
06-09-2009, 02:06 AM
I listen to a lot of rock'n'roll or country music when I feel down. My favorites are Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings. Sometimes I even listen to punk and bands like the Clash or the Ramones. That's just fun music that makes you feel happy.

Robbed
06-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Good on ya!
I think of music as my closest friend, always there and always there when you need them, they never let you down!

Don't mean to be a party pooper here. But I find that music can SERIOUSLY let me down. Since one's taste in music is often looked at as a reflection of one's individuality, I often can't help but see my own musical tastes as a reminder of just how odd, different, and unlikable of a person I am. Let's face it. I don't listen to much of anything that anyone would like. And I almost never talk about it to anyone. Much of the time, I just do not even want to listen to music. I'd rather just get outside and go for a walk instead. A hike in the Sierra, maybe? Now THAT'S something that NEVERS lets you down!

Midnight Sky
09-18-2009, 08:10 AM
i listen to depressive gothic stuff. but then i dont find it depressive. its like the principle of homeopathy - cure something wth the thing that started it. plus its like someone makes me listen to how stupid my negative thoughts r most of the time. AND i feel understood, like im not alone in this. i cudnt listen to upbeat music during depressive phases cos that wud make me feel shut out and inappropriate.