PDA

View Full Version : New here, Fear of Cancer..

Kraggy
04-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I just joined, and I would like to share what my problems are..

My number one Anxiety is the Disease Cancer.
The way it all started where under-skin lumps, Which my mother explained where Lymph Nodes. I quickly hopped on the good ol' net and there it was...
Underskin Lumps, Cancer...
Since then I haven't been the same, I went from a Allways smiling, seemingly fearless comedian to a Frightened Depressed person who spends all of his free time in fear, inspecting himself & self-diagnosing.

Now I am currently scared to death, I felt alot of hard-underskin lymps in both sides of my groin area. They feel exactly as the internet descripes lymph-nodes with cancer cells that originated from another version of cancer.

Unfortionatly I have not been able to find any positive things that managed to calm me down, that would explain those lumps that I feel. everywere I go...Its cancer.

I am a member of several Anxiety forums, aswell as some about Cancer. But still I feel an urge of finding more places, in the hope of somebody saying that magic line "I have exactly the same problem, I felt the hard-nodes aswell and the doctor turned me inside out and said it was fine!"

Later today I have an appointment to have it checked out, but im scared to death that I will get to hear the line that will probably predict the beginning of the end for me... :cry:

This is my story, and it has been going like that for the past 3 month's, Before I did not understand how people could be afraid..But now I have build up alot of respect of people who go through everyday life feeling this terrified, some people who have it many years, and it almost angers me that I am acting like this even though I've only got it for such a short time...

Ah well..

Lets hope I get good news later..

Kind Regards,

Kraggy..

Kraggy
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Good morning everyone,

Just decided to post a small update here for people interested...

I went to the doctor yesterday for the lumps in the groin area, the doctor felt em for a few minutes and said they were nothing to be afraid off...

This relaxed me for a few hours..

And then the next fear came popping up, This time I am afraid that a small painfull bump on the back of my head is Melanoma.

And a small hard mobile lump in the bottom of my mouth is Oral Cancer.

Its really anoying to live with these fears, and I never seem to understand why I am so afraid of everything. : /

Ah well...

Kind regards,

Kraggy