PDA

View Full Version : My mother seems to be getting angry

dunky
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
So I suffer from general anxiety and social phobia, and with the aid of medicine I've been able to go hang out with 2 friends at a hookah bar here in town that I've been to multiple times. I'm very comfortable there, but still sometimes I feel very anxious and need to leave. But this is only recently and it's a giant leap from what I was able to do weeks ago.

The issue is that my mother is now complaining about me not having a job, and I don't have a job because of my anxiety. She actually outright said that it's all about money and that if I can go out with my friends, I can get a job and pay for my own living expenses. No matter what I tell her, she just can't seem to understand that I can't control this problem yet, even though I try and struggle with my anxiety every single day.

NewMoon
04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Do you have a doctor responsible for your care? You could ask him/her to have a talk with your mom?

rejanette
04-22-2009, 08:07 AM
I as well suffered from Social Anxiety but I have been forcing myself to exposition so I do as much as I can to get out of the house... It was a while back really hard to get out of the house... But now things are a little more under control.
My husband helped me a lot and each step is important no matter how small the step is.
Next times you go to the doctor bring your mum around it helped me to bring my husband around because he was not understanding what I was having at first.
I have been in situations where i feel i had to leave but forced myself to stay to the point when I really need to leave I do so...
I also going to see a pshchologist who has been helping me a lot with coping skills.
Hope things help and each of us do have a different way to cope with things but there's always a way to recovery.
Rejane