PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

johnlp89
04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Okay, so

I was in great condition mentally, i had worries because i think i am type A, but I always managed them with no considerable effort.

Well, after graduating high school I thought I was ready to conquer the world, so I moved 6,000 miles away from VA to Hawaii for college. However, from home stress, regrets, work, and school, I developed a huge problem. I now worry so much I cannot have fun, I feel detached from things because I have an overwhelming feeling of anxiety with no direct cause. It isn't the type that makes me have an attack, it just sucks the fun out of everything.

Here is the problem: I'll wake up in the morning feeling great, ready to take on the day, but come evening time I freak out because I know I have to sleep. I am not scared to sleep, I am scared of losing time from sleep. Like, I could have done something else with those 6 hours.

I drink a lot, mostly everyday but not heavy, just a drink or two.

The sleeping problem/drinking problem started in Hawaii. I feel weaker now more than ever. I was diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety.

I really dont know what to do but I want my life back. I have always been a straight A college kid, I have always been a genius, but I feel weaker than my little brothers right now, and they are 8 & 10.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

By the way, my regrets are, when I turned 18 me and my mom got in a fight, so I left and never spoke to them for over a year, not a single family member. So I was sooo alone in hawaii. I just recently moved back from hawaii with my family in VA about 1 month ago.