PDA

View Full Version : depression

Jen3535
04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I have trapped myself in2 depression.

I work 3 jobs, all these jobs i do alone so have no collegues.
when i am home, i dont stop cleaning.
i hate goin out as i get anxious.
my hub and kids think i am wierd.
i have no mates, because i simply dont go anywhere.
when i have nothing 2 do, i simply fall asleep

yet i hate my life.

i feel twisted

Dukie
04-24-2009, 08:00 AM
You need to talk to your family and do things with them I think involving them in what you're going through would really help.

fernandogress
06-12-2009, 03:44 AM
I think so...Sometimes friends or family members recognize that someone is depressed. They may respond with love, kindness, or support, hoping that the sadness will soon pass. They may offer to listen if the person wants to talk. If the depressed feeling doesn't pass with a little time, friends or loved ones may encourage the person to get help from a doctor, therapist, or counselor.But not everyone recognizes depression when it happens to someone they know.
Some people don't really understand about depression. For example, they may react to a depressed person's low energy with criticism, yelling at the person for acting lazy or not trying harder. Some people mistakenly believe that depression is just an attitude or a mood that a person can shake off. It's not that easy.
Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. But the vast majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment. Intensive research into the illness has resulted in the development of medications, psychotherapies, and other methods to treat people with this disabling disorder.