PDA

View Full Version : Klonipin

dunky
04-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm currently taking .5mg of Klonipin as needed for my anxiety and panic attacks, but when I take it I don't feel as though it's helping much. Should I try taking more, or maybe try another med?

Matt_H
04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Klonopin is a great short-term solution to panic attacks. However it's highly addictive and tolerance building. 0.5mg is a fairly low dose, however I would speak to your doctor before increasing it on your own. I'm sure he or she would not mind adjusting your dose, and it's best if your doctor is monitoring your medication so he or she can make the correct changes.

As for as anxiety goes, Klonopin is the longest acting and most potent of the prescribed medications. I would be very careful. The last thing you want to do is develop a tolerance or dependency on the medication.

The cap doctors usually like to use for klonopin is 2mg a day (1mg 2x daily). Sometimes they'll prescribe 3mg or 4mg daily for severe cases. But DO NOT take higher doses without your doctors approval. It's very important for the treatment process.

Hope this helps