PDA

View Full Version : can't relax

bgirl23
02-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have any advice for getting calmed down? I've been having anxiety problems after a bad attack on Monday. The usual methods I use to calm myself down aren't working.

soshy
02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi bgirl23 - I'm sorry your having a hard time. I know how terrible it is. You said Monday was a bad day and you're still having residual anxiety? What kind of symptoms are you having?

Are you eating well? Getting enough protein? Water intake good? May seem all silly, but I have low blood sugar and the symptoms can mimic each other and sometimes my low sugar can turn into an anxiety episode. Anxiety burns a lot of calories.

Let me know :!:

soshy

bgirl23
02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I haven't been eating well at all. I've been eating about twice a day for the last week. Some Chinese last night and a sandwich yesterday. It seems to be getting worse today. I'm really lathargic and my heart is beating rapidly, my stomach is really sick with nerves, I was light headed earlier in the week, and I've had chest pains. I decided I better go into the doctor, maybe my sugar is low. Thanks for the help, let me know what you think.

soshy
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, you poor darling - I think it is a wise decision to go see your doctor. Maybe, you do have a bug and that on top of anxiety can be horrific. I still have a problem deciphering between symptoms of illness and anxiety. I get scared when I'm sick because some of the symptoms are similar to anxiety. I know it can be hard to eat when you're nervous. I keep Gatorade and protein bars around so it is easier to make myself eat.

I know how it is to have rapid heart beat and chest pains. I remember having days on end with my heart beating so fast and so hard, and I couldn't slow it down....I really thought my heart was going to give out, but it didn't. My stomach was always bothering me; if I wasn't nauseous than I had an acidy ache. My anxiety always hits my stomach first, and makes me feel dizzy.

Everything you mentioned I've had and many others have too. It's normal, sorry to say, because of anxiety. Anxiety is cruel and sometimes it seems it has no limits.

Sounds like things are real hard for you right now. I feel so bad for you. You're going to be ok. You will get through this. We are all here for each other. Be good to yourself and tell yourself this will pass. I use to be a total mess and now anxiety is a rare thing for me.

Take it easy and let us know how it goes,

soshy

Angel
02-04-2006, 12:44 PM
yeah ive been through that too, you will get through it soon.

But it is good to try and eat, even if you are not hungry. Lack of food kan lead to those out-of-body type feelings and head aches and stomach aches. Its a damn cycle. But yeah i hope things go well for you at your doktors appointment.

bgirl23
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm feeling a lot better today. They gave me some stuff to calm me down just because my heart rate has been too high lately. Hopefully this stuff works so that I can just sit still for a little bit. Thanks for caring guys, later.

Maggie May
02-05-2006, 04:15 AM
What kind of meds did they give you? Do any OTC meds help, like Pepto, Mylanta, Pepcid AC, etc? I drink about a bottle of Pepto a week :shock: but I cleared it with my doctor and it usually works.

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Anxiety does not mess around... it can really affect one's functioning, and that produces more anxiety.

Keep us posted!

Maggie