PDA

View Full Version : 10 years of it , it is a long time.

Templand
06-29-2005, 08:13 PM
hi . I'm Templand ,and I'm 30 years old, 10 years of my life goes with the Anxiety & Panic Disorder,I've been useing medication, it helps me a lot but lately it did't, I've been inside my home for almost 3 years , coz I stoped takeing madiction , I try to go out every day with a new hope but I can't go far away like befor , I feel like there's limit's on me , I can't feel free ,but I'm still working on it ,I don't like to talk about it (I'm sorry ), it's like talking about someone els , this is my first time to seek onlin support group ,I hope I found what I'm looking for.Thank you for reading me . :)

shoe
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Templand, welcome to the board. I know it must be tough to be confined inside your home - but I'm sure things will get better for you. I dont know what medication you were on, but its a shame it stopped helping you. Have you considered trying other medications or alternative therapies?

Its good to hear that you are trying to get better, it can be frustrating having to deal with those 'limits' anxiety seems to place on your life, but step by step you can overcome them! Seeking out help and support is actually a big step, so you are on your way :)

babycristy
10-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Keep trying and do not quit. Agoraphobia, and Anxiety is just something tough in someone's life that can be overcomed. When you overcome it, you will feel so much stronger and better. Force yourself to do little things everyday, even on your worst days. Whatever you feel comfortable doing, and when you feel you can go farther, try. If you stop, you might eventually be afraid to leave your front door all together and make it worse. Little steps make huge differences. Seek help if you can too. IF you are married or have a girlfriend or even just a close friend or relative, tell them about your problem and see if they are willing to help you every so often to go outside and walk with you a little bit further.