PDA

View Full Version : Confused and discouraged

TigerShot
03-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi, I never thought I'd be talking in an anxiety disorder forum but here I am. I'll just let all my problems pour out. For 2 years, I've had unexplained fatigue and shakiness due to a burnt out college semester. I've never fully recovered and tried all kinds of things. I've went to my doctor for a long time and he thought I had depression. I took 6 weeks worth of Celexa and nothing changed. I decided enough with that and went to an acupuncturist. He was disappointed when he heard that the doctor diagnosed me with depression and said that's what all doctors say. He did around 10 treatments of acupuncture on me and I took astragalus and red ginseng for around 2 months. Nothing changed. After I graduated from college, I tried to just relax for a whole month while taking all kinds of herbal medicines from the online website Native Remedies, but I just felt like I was wasting away inside my house and the medicine wasn't working. Now I'm on a candida diet to see if nutrition is my problem, but nothing has changed (except that I'm eating healthy stuff :tongue: ). Finally, I've been trying valerian capsules for a few days for anxiety and possible insomnia. I'm also trying GNC's Maximum Greens Ultra Mega Green Vitapak because a GNC employee said that he took it when he was super stressed out and recommended it to me. Perhaps my body needs lots of nutritional support, I don't know.

Sorry this is all long but I'm almost done. I've also been trying to rehabilitate my body to see if the problem was physical. However, every time I play tennis, my hands and legs shake a little as if I were nervous. The same thing happens when I try to do pushups. When I'm at my limit and feel like I can do just a bit more, my body just freezes and it's like it can't do anymore and my arms tremble. Now I'm not sure what's going on and this may sound crazy, but I think I have a fear of overexerting myself or something. The fatigue seems to have gone away, but I have shakiness like it's from anxiety or nervousness. My doctor and acupuncturist suggested that I take it easy and go slow, but it bothers me thinking whether the problem is physical or mental. I don't know, what do you all think and any suggestions?

TigerShot
04-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I also found out something interesting. The GNC employee I was talking to also recommended me taking their MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin capsules for my stiffness. I guess I didn't mention the stiffness before, but the shakiness may be a result from the stiffness of my body. I asked the GNC employee if stress could cause such a stiffness in my body, and he replied that it's possible and the MSM can repair the cartilage in my joints since I exercise a lot. Anyway, please don't hesitate to offer suggestions or your thoughts :). I'm very open to any responses now because I'll be going to Korea in May to teach English so any moral support would be welcomed.