PDA

View Full Version : 4th day at home

bgirl23
02-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey,

I am a 23 year old female and I have been dealing with anxiety since I can remember. I have been having a raging bout with anxiety for the last few days, one of if not the worst one ever. I have just recently given up my alcoholism and smoking addiction to try and make myself healthier which I think has compounded the problem immensely. I guess I hope to be able to connect with other people who understand and can help me cope better. Basically I'm just glad that this place exists and thanks for being here, I'm gonna need it. ;)

Bridgie
02-02-2006, 01:01 PM
HI bgirl, and welcome to the forum. I can imagine how hard it is what you're going through. Remember, quitting drinking and smoking are adding to your anxiety, but just in the short term while you are getting over the addiction. They say that both smoking and drinking add to anxiety, so you are going in the right direction giving them up so you will feel better! Hang in there and good luck! Let us know how it goes, and remember we are here for you!

:D

bgirl23
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for replying. It helps to know that somebody out there knows what it feels like and that I am not going crazy. Regardless of what I tell myself. Thanks for the kind and supportive words and let me know if I can ever return the favor. Lots of love!

soshy
02-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi bgirl23 -

Yes, exactly what Bridgie said :!:
Wow, smoking and drinking at the same time...this will really pay off for you once your body adjusts to the change. Drink plenty of water. I remember when I quit smoking many moons ago, I couldn't stop cleaning everything. My fingers were pruned from windex! It felt so good to be able to take a deep breath; and smoking did contribute to my anxiety. I'm so glad I quit.

Cheering you on :goodjob: ,

soshy

leftie15
02-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Bgirl i also gave up my vice a couple months ago and it impacted my anxiety immensly but you just got tell yourself this is beter for me in the long run so keep your head and looklin forward to posting with ya also welcome to the forum great place to be hope your benefit from this place as much i do have a good day :mrgreen:

scatmantom
02-04-2006, 11:55 AM
yea welcome and good luck with giving up!

Hope to see you on here soon!