PDA

View Full Version : AUGGGGGHHH! Rage!

rampagerose
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Does anyone get completely uncontrollable rage with their depression and anxiety bouts? Not to give TMI but I find my depression is always manageable except once a month, with PMS, to the point where every single month for about three days I feel like I might just finally commit suicide. The holding back part is that I'm aware enough to know WHY I feel that way, so I do everything I can to keep myself reigned in until the time passes.

In the meantime, however, I get this huge rage billowing up inside me and because of it, I don't have a lot of friends. I have an ability to be unseemingly cruel and I always seem to know exactly how to drive a knife into someone's emotions to completely crack them up. People hate me. I'm rude. I'm completely horrible! Yet when I have more control over myself at other times of the month, I can be a good and helpful person. I just don't know what the heck to do. I feel paralysed by it because for three days out of the month I'm so depressed and violent I'm basically useless and I have to stay on sleeping pills to keep me zonked the whole time so I don't ruin the very few relationships I have.

WTF do I do with myself?

punisher
03-22-2009, 04:49 PM
While I cannot relate to the whole PMS thing, I do have moments of great anger and rage due to my anxiety. The onyl way I have found to release it is to get in my car and scream until I feel a little better. I think it's all about finding an outlet, keeping it all bottled in can't be healthy. Beating the heck out of a punching bag also does wonders.

Obelysk
03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Well only you know your own body and I cannot relate to PMS but have you tried to go to the gym or do exercise? Perhaps this can help you a little. I know that when I don't go to the gym for a few days I start to feel moddy.

deadcat2
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Well only you know your own body and I cannot relate to PMS but have you tried to go to the gym or do exercise? Perhaps this can help you a little. I know that when I don't go to the gym for a few days I start to feel moddy.

exercise will help, after about 45 mins you'll release endorphins, feel normal, less stressed. Music helps too... or good meds.