PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends/Boyfriends Husbands/Wifes

__freespirit
02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I have a boyfriend.. and he seems to not comfort me when I have a anxiety attack but more of annoying me than anything.
I don't know what it is, I know he's only trying to help.

He doesn't have anxiety so he doesn't exactly know what I am going through so h e assumes that if I simply forget about it that it will go away like magic.

What do I do?

scatmantom
02-02-2006, 12:32 PM
i wish i knew...im single and always have been. Your lucky u hav these problems hehe

Littlebobo
02-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I know what you mean the problem is that i have realised it that you always take things out on the ones that you love most, I even find myself lying at times and not knowing who i am around him i love him to bits, just sometimes he can be ignorant and it makes me feel kind of angry because i worry about telling him becuase then he might leave me ..resulting in back to square one.

I think if you can try to be honest with him, tell him how you feel i have bought a book and gave it to my boyfriend which he is reading ( well so he says;))....perhaps making him realise what you are going through, i know only two well that i have hidden what was wrong from the people who mattered most and it doesn't help :(

Anyway i am sure that you will work out what is best for you ..keep me posted

Angel
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
i wish i knew...im single and always have been. Your lucky u hav these problems hehe

haha.
I wasnt expekting that.

Yeah, just be honest with him. Let him know that it is not something thats just in your head. Look it up and share with him how it is kaused and what leads to it, and how bad things kan get. Everyone i knew thought that these things were just minor issues that would go away after a while, but i freaked out bad at work and they kalled in ambulance on me, kause they didnt know what was going on. And once everyone i knew heard about it, it was a kind of eye opener that meant that these anxiety obstakles kan really fuck with you after a while, if you dont get it treated.
Meaning you get the faktors that kause this anxiety, out of there, or you do something to manage it properly.

Kause if you dont, you are either going to be really stressed out or really kranky and uptight..And i dont like either of those people...i kan understand it, but i want to hit them after awhile. Thats just me though. :twisted:

anangel4me
02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
___freespirit, I know how you feel. I recently had to let go of somebody who I was seeing for about 2years. I was feeling like he was part of my anxiety. He was a caring and loving guy, but what I needed was support from him. We'd have a night out along with a good time and then all of a sudden anxiety drew in. I couldn't stand it. I was embarrassed because I would break out in light sweats and most of all I felt like he was looking at my like I was going crazy. After that my anxiety attacks were coming to me frequently. I finally just had to tell him how I felt after he knew about my anxiety. I had to tell him that I couldn't see him anymore until I fixed myself. Meaning, I need time to think about me and find a solution to fix my problem. I hope that your boyfriend can be understanding and sometimes people aren't until they start feeling it for themselves, and believe me when I say this, they don't want to. Good Luck....

__freespirit
02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
That's exactly how I feel most of the time.. I'm afraid of being alone that's why I don't break up with him.