PDA

View Full Version : weird symptom?

stella
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I have generalized anxiety and I sometimes when I am under alot of stress I tend to fantasize about different things. My mind just shuts off from reality and when someone is talking to me at that time I don't remember what they just said. Im like what did he/she just say? I am spaced out at the time and I can't seem to concentrate cuz my mind spaces out sometimes. So is this normal? i heard that the spacing out and fantasizing is how your brain tries to move away from your stress or anxiety.This happens alot while I am driving.

In addition, I also have hard time completing tasks. I don't know why. I have a hard time just sitting down and doing my hw for example. Like I will think about it but I won't do it. :? :? It makes it kind of hard but how can I change this? Is this even related to my anxiety? I think it is.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Jen3535
03-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi,

I have had the same. Go to your Gp. Mine told me to take multi vitiams, which I now do, and i dont get these forgotful moments as much, or the sopaced out feeling like i am not there.

Jen

stella
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I have had the same. Go to your Gp. Mine told me to take multi vitiams, which I now do, and i dont get these forgotful moments as much, or the sopaced out feeling like i am not there.

Jen

okay thanks. Can you tell me the name of the vitamins?

Jen3535
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Multivitamins and minerals, any pharmacy will sell them. give them a week or 2 to kick in, but they do work

Weez
03-20-2009, 04:19 AM
I am the same way... I completely space out and forge what I am doing. I couldn't even recall how to make coffee the other day.
There is so much going on in my mind that I can't keep it all straight. :(

I even went to put my jeans on with out taking off my jammypants! LOL!

Its getting better though, slowly.
Good Luck!

DDiaz
03-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Actually what you are doing is called disassociating. Its a great technique for getting out of the pain of the moment.

Be aware that staying disassociated from the moment, in your head, fantasizing, etc, while it has its place, is not where you want to be forever.

Remember to be associated when you look at the sun set, when birds are singing on the porch and when you notice pretty flowers popping up.

Cheers to you!

Obelysk
03-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes this happens to me all the time. I thought it was just me, it seems like its not. :| I will have to get me some multi vitamins it seems.

gingerroot
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I used to do this alot when I was younger. Still do it sometimes, but I try to make a conscious effort to bring myself back to the present and focus. I find that singing aloud to music helps me - don't know why. I also take a b-complex vitamin to help with my anxiety and they are supposed to be good for brain function.

punisher
04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I have the same thing but never thought about taking a vitamin. Thanks for the tip guys.

Northerner
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Lots of people daydream - people with anxiety and depresssion, and people without. Don't beat yourself because you space out and don't pay attention to what the other person is saying. You'd be amazed how normal that is, unfortunately. It's rare when someone is really listening to what anyone is saying. They're thinking about what they're going to say, or about their husband, girlfriend, boss, or buying the groceries. You're doing the same thing, and thinking it's a sign of being abnormal - it's not.