PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of being alone..

__freespirit
02-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I find when none of my friends/family aren't online or at school/work.. or something else and I'm by myself. My anxiety tends to go crazy, is anyone else like this? if so.. how do you calm yourself down, any tips you have?

caseman
02-02-2006, 12:33 PM
yah freespirit i def. know what your sayin its def. difficult when there is know one around because its harder to keep yourself occupied and you just seem to dwell on your symptoms. i do it all the time. i do anything from cleaning my room to just really getting into some music or a good tv show or movie i know its difficult but you will eventually be able to feel comftorable by yourself - Caseman

Littlebobo
02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I can definetley relate to this, I recently started a new job and they used to let me use messenger at my last place which meant that i was always able to keep in touch with friend and family etc..now i kind of go crazy especially as my mobile phone packed up recently i felt so alone and scared i knew it was dumb but i kept saying that something bad would happen and i would not be able to get in touch ..I clean at lot which sort of helps either that or i end up on here now ;)

leftie15
02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
i just go for a drive or walk get out there its really relaxing good luck man

__freespirit
02-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, it is very hard sometimes.
I end up on here a lot too when I feel alone and I just post away.

That leads me to my other problem.. which is my social anxiety..

Angel
02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
hmm, i got like that too, but then i just started drawing or writing. Thats kool...see what weird things you kan kome up with in the grip of anxiety.

anangel4me
02-07-2006, 07:04 PM
You know writing can be a good thing. You can write what you are feeling and then maybe after that a good walk will help. When my son spends the night at a friends house I think to myself "okay so now what am I going to do?" I would sit and think about it and it wasn't doing me any good. So now when he leaves for the night I have plans of my own. I just do it without having to think what I'm going to do. Like clean my closet out, take a nice walk outside, or I go and get some ice cream from DQ and a movie. Then by the time I know it, my night is over and then back to work in the AM. But when I get home and find my son home then it's back to normal...lol

8-BitAlice
12-29-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm like that too, I panic as soon as I'm on my own, thank Gods for my sister, she never leaves me alone, she even took me on one of her dates once, we're identical twins, he had no idea which one he was meant to be there with, 'twas very amusing actually, Its..also entirely irrelevant, sorry.
I can't offer any solutions but at least you know you're not alone :).

quinny
12-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I realy panic when on my own when my wife goes to the shop just around the corner she has to take her mobile with her coz it proper scares me and im a big bloke so I feel proper stupid my 12 year old son comes and gives me a pat on the back and says you will be ok dad bless him hate it when my kids see me panic, I think the best thing is distraction keep your mind full with things to do try and think happy thoughts :)