PDA

View Full Version : A k i r a is HERE

__freespirit
02-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Hello everyone

My name is Akira, and I'm 19 years old. Well 20 soon.
I'm fluent in English, and partially fluent in French.
I'm studying Japanese now, it's a good hobby to learn something new.

I've had anxiety since I was 17 years old.
I was on Wellbutrin from 17-18 1/2. I got off of it because honestly it wasn't helping.
I'm currently not taking any medications and I don't believe that medication helps anxiety at all only masks the problem.

My symptoms:
Headaches
Head pressure (A lot lately.. )
Chest pain
Depersonalization & Derealization (Sometimes, I've only experianced it twice thank God)
Sometimes I think I'm going insane.
Obsessive thinking (which leads to the next symptom)
Hypercondria

My girlfriend, me, and my mother all suffer with this. So we all somehow form a support group for one another. I think this is a successful tool of over coming anxiety without medication/or on if you will.

My anxiety becomes unbearable sometimes, and it has forced daily symptoms on me. I have to live with them, and I think I'm doing very well. I cry, that helps too. I think if you don't your only adding another reason why anxiety should bother you.

I hope to make a few friends with common problem so we both can open our support systems and a shoulder to lean on if needed.

That's about it and I think I've made this long enough.
Peace & Love

brickyard_red
02-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Welcome freespirit, I'm glad you're here. I think it is wonderful that you have a friend and your mom that help you and you help them. Support is one of the most important things when dealing with this. If the time should come in the future when your anxiety seems to be getting worse and out of control, please don't give up on med. and dr.s. They really can help once you find the right ones.

I'm sure you will make lots of friends here. I know you have described alot of how I feel at times and I'm sure others here too. You're not alone and never be afraid to say how or what you're feeling. No one here will criticise you for it, k? Glad to have you here!! :D

Cath :)

bgirl23
02-02-2006, 12:11 PM
It sounds like you have support which is awesome, I envy you ;) You have described some of the symptoms I have, and since I am having the majority of them right now, I feel better knowing it's not just me.

Later