PDA

View Full Version : jumping up all night long

pattimay
03-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Please does anyone else have this with generalized anxiety disorder. My main symptom during the day is a feeling of tightness in my stomach. This happens with the slightest negative thought. It's like walking around with painless intestinal knots and it's hard to breath properly. It's like a clenched feeling in the pit of stomach and I can't concentrate on anything else. I believe that this happens to me at night also when Im just falling asleep. I jump up one hundred times a night and can't breath. It again feels like I tighten my stomach muscles and it takes what seems likes forever to get them to loosen and then breath again. I went for a sleep study and I have no apnea but had 96 arousals in one hour. He threw Klonopin at me. I have been on paxil for at least 10 years and it is no longer helping . It's only 10mg and it did not help to increase the dose but when I try to stop taking it, I get the head zaps. I'm afraid to take the klonopin because if it knocks me out too much I feel I won't be able to wake up enough to breath. Like I said, I feel like I'm experiencing the same anxiety symptoms with the clenching of the stomach during the day and also doing it just as I'm falling asleep at night.