PDA

View Full Version : BuSpar side effects

Stones
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Question for anyone. Started taking this BuSpar for anxiety and panic. Been about three weeks now and since the start I have been getting this chest pain that will come and go. Sometimes could linger for most of the day and sometimes is hardly present at all. As this circles through my ever racing mind it has caused me to go have 2 EKG’s done and I have also completed a nuclear stress test. All which have come back perfect. Better safe then sorry I guess. The pain is driving me nuts. Anyone with anything similar when taking this garbage??? If so did you get off it or did the side effect which (non specific chest pain) is subside after a while? I do also complement with Xanax when needed.

Thanks,

Stones

anxiousjoe
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
When I first went in for my anxiety my doc prescribed me Buspar. It made my anxiety worse. It made me dizzy and gave me "brain zaps". Like, I'd move my arm and I'd feel a zap going from my brain to the tips of my fingers of the arm I was moving. Buspar should be removed from the market. I'd stop taking it and tell your doc to give you something that works.

Buspar is by far the worst med I've ever taken.

Stones
03-09-2009, 06:30 AM
anxiousjoe,

Thanks for the input. I was getting the same dizzy spells and I had stomach aches when I first started it. As I said the chest pains are driving me nuts now. Tried Lexapro and that was even worse sending me into a total mania type feeling also made my anxiety worse. I have also tried Effexsor of which the side effects brain zaps and all are not for me. I am or should I say we my Dr. and I are trying to search for something that I can tolerate as it appears that I am ultra sensitive to all of these types of meds. Hate to say it but I have one that does work and I only take it sparingly, Xanax.

Again thanks for the input.

Stones
03-09-2009, 06:30 AM
anxiousjoe,

Thanks for the input. I was getting the same dizzy spells and I had stomach aches when I first started it. As I said the chest pains are driving me nuts now. Tried Lexapro and that was even worse sending me into a total mania type feeling also made my anxiety worse. I have also tried Effexsor of which the side effects brain zaps and all are not for me. I am or should I say we my Dr. and I are trying to search for something that I can tolerate as it appears that I am ultra sensitive to all of these types of meds. Hate to say it but I have one that does work and I only take it sparingly, Xanax.

Again thanks for the input.

fernandogress
08-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Buspar has not many adverse side effects, very unlike the other anxiety drugs. The side effects that occur may differ from an individual to the other according to various factors. Some of the commonly occurring side effects of Buspar are:
* Nausea
* Excitement
* Headache
* Fatigue
* Dizziness
* Dry mouth
* Nervousness
* Light heartedness
Buspirone may affect the cognitive power of a person. So it would be wise to avoid activities that require mental alertness like driving. Occupational hazards arise on occasions when people, who are under the influence of Buspirone, indulge in activities that may call for accurate physical judgment and coordination. Grapefruit may be avoided as it has possibilities of causing some adverse side effects. Talk to your doctor before taking Buspar,