PDA

View Full Version : Anything to counteract the sedation of Klonopin??

anxiousjoe
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi! I posted here a few months back when I was having major troubles with anxiety. I was having panic attacks everyday for no apparent reason.

I was eventually diagnosed with GAD, social anxiety, panic disorder with agoraphobia.

I was on ativan for a bit, but my mental health doc switched me to Klonopin .5 mg x3 a day. I've been taking it for about a month and a half and it's starting to really tire me out.

On the flip side, I haven't had a panic attack since I started taking it and it really seems to help in that respect. It's just that now it's starting to get so sedating because of the long half-life and I'm becoming tired. I have no energy on this crap.

My doc wants to put me on an anti-depressant when I see her April 1st, but I've been doing some research and it seems that all the good anti-depressants will only add to the sedation and fatigue.

Does anyone know of a med that can counteract the sedation of the Klonopin? I've already tried halfing my dosage, but it wasn't effective and I don't want to feel any more panic attacks. I spent enough months thinking I was going to die. :|

My friend says that the only thing he can think of is Adderol, but I'm not too keen on taking an amphetimine cocktail.

Thanks!