PDA

View Full Version : Hello

nico_uk
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi my name is Nick, im 25 and from Sheffield in England. I have been suffering from anxiety for 4 years now. Thought I would sign up here to talk to people that are in the same boat.

Anyway im not very good at these things....

Nick

Stones
03-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Hey Nick,

I am in the same boat for about the same amount of time. Thinking back though I see that this condition has been apart of me for alot longer. It is only now that I have to come to terms with it. I myself am fairly new to this forum thing but am also looking to speak to those with same like issues and stop turning everything internal. You can read my initial post
back on March 1st.

Be well...

DDiaz
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello to Nick and Stones,

I just barely joined this forum, its the first time I've ever been in one. This is my first time posting also.

I guess I joined because I love to help and encourage people that there is hope. I believe that there is always an answer even the feelings themselves feel insumountable.

I hate it when professionals tell people just to change their thoughts or just feel different. My dad used to say that crap to me when I was a kid.

Its not that simple or else we would all just feel better!

Anyway, enough of my rant, I will look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Stones
03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
DDiaz,

Appreciate the post, and your words of encouragement. This is a tough thing for anyone to deal with. Some experience symptoms that are tougher then others. You got it right it is not that simple. I ask my therapist every week if she happened to find that magical healing wand. But in all seriousness with work, some help, and support we can all improve and be better and stronger people going forward. ;)