PDA

View Full Version : guinea pig

jasond212000
03-02-2009, 12:20 PM
im new to the site and was looking for any advice yall might have. i have been on damn near everyhting out there. prozac, tofranil, paxil, clonopin, effexor, celexa, remeron, and now cymbalta. none of this stuff works. i used to never be a depressed person but since i have been on all this i have become one. and my panic attacks never subside. i do have xanax but now i cant even ween myself off these anti-depresents without being dizzy. i cant even hardly stay at work all day. something has got too work!

Mattster
03-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I've been on quite a few meds too. I've been on Zyprexa, Klonopin, Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Xanax, and Paxil. The combination that seems to work the best for me is the Celexa and Klonopin, but I still get anxious at times. I know it's all in my head though becuase a year or two ago I felt great on the meds and barely had any anxiety at all. And just reminding myself that everything is just in my head, and I'll be alright makes me a feel a little better. Did you talk to your doctor about tapering off the meds? You have to take it really, really slow to get off them. You know what else has helped me is reading anxiety books and books on self hypnosis. Both have been a great help when I'm feeling down. Also breathing exercises help a lot as well, try to google some. Just try to focus on that and it will calm you down for the most part. I hope that helped somewhat.