PDA

View Full Version : BIG NIGHT PLANNED :(

scatmantom
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey every1

I have worked really hard on my anxiety and now enjoy a cool social life. I have been invited to a night out in a town a long way from my house tho. The problem is last time i went i had a panic attack and left early and had to pay stupid money for the cab home! Its really unfair cos i would love to go but i cant afford to leave early again.

I dunno wot to do, altho i have improved alot over the year since my last major night out panic attack, i dont think im ready to try again. But saying that its probably my anxiety that is making me think this and i may never feel ready.

Im not sure whether to go for it or not. Any advice would be cool

the night planned is this friday so still time to decide

caseman
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
hey scatmantom
i know how that feels even when your feeling good and seem to have your anxiety under control you still dont feel completely comftorable going far away from home in worry of having a panic attack, i think you should try and go just because the worst that could happen is you would have a panic attack, as horrible and difficult as it is you know that it will go away and that you have been through it and managed to get through it before. i have had anxiety for about 4 years now but im kinda new to having panic attacks so my advice might not be to awesome but i hope that my input helps good luck,
- Caseman

soshy
02-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Hi scatmantom - I know exactly how you feel. In certain situations, I have to have *an out* or my anticipatory anxiety may get the best of me and I end up feeling doomed :cry: .

I have social anxiety; so if I'm going somewhere "social", I need to drive myself or go with someone who knows I may have to leave. Do you have someone you can go with that you can trust if you need to leave? Is there someone that could lend you enough money for the ride home? You probably won't have to use it; and just knowing you have that *out* in your pocket could really put you at ease.

I hope you get a chance to go without worrying. Try not to torment yourself - we're always so good at that :cranky: .

soshy

scatmantom
02-02-2006, 12:04 PM
u guys have got good advice

People are really pressuring me to go, and they know about my anxiety but they dont understand it. they tell me there is nothing to be scared of and it makes me feel like a fool. I think ive told too many people :S lol

anyway, I have decided not to go and I am disappointed but it has been hyped up so much that i will probably have a bad panic attack.

:( I wish there was a cure

bgirl23
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I understand completely. I have a big event on Sunday, and since my last panic attack I'm paranoid about going. Almost everyone that is going to be there is aware of my problem and keeps reassuring me that there is nothing to be afraid of. They're just trying to be nice but it makes me feel like an idiot. I've decided that I'm going to take my own car just so I can leave if I need to. I haven't even made a total decision yet about going, but I've been trying to take steps so that I feel like I can go and be with everyone, but be comfortable in knowing that I can leave if I need too and that having an attack isnt the worst thing in the world.

scatmantom
02-02-2006, 12:30 PM
thats good to hear and i hope you enjoy it

I could drive but going to a night club and not drinking is not what I am happy with doing. I need a few drinks to dance and talk to people, but if I drink i wont drive cos i never drink and drive.

I wish i had a free Limo service lol!

Littlebobo
02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey..I know what you mean dont let people pressurise you into going though go because you want to..I tend never to plan things as i end up never going, i think you should just go for it ( i know that is way easier said than done) if you do start feeling a little weird grab yourself 5 mins in the loo or something splash a bit of water on your face, get yourself a drink and see how you go..dont try to rush it just try and relax with it.

I hope you get on okay ..x

Angel
02-04-2006, 12:47 PM
How'd it go?

The only time i have had a night out since my attack was , about a month ago.

I wasnt nervous at all, kause there was this lady there.

thats all i wanted to say.

scatmantom
02-05-2006, 06:49 AM
well i didnt go out on the big night on friday, and i was a bit disappointed, but I went out last night to a local place and it was pretty good

I need to just go for it next time and not spend so much time pondering why i shouldnt go or what can go wrong!

Littlebobo
02-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Well I think you still did great getting out wherever is a good thing these things take time and you will get there in the end just dont give up ;)