PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Cipralex REassurance

Contant Worry
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I have been on Cipralex now for almost four weeks. It's been quite the experience. The first couple weeks were horrible with the increased anxiety. Then it started to settle out. Now it's more of a roller coaster ride. One day I'm ok and the next I'm full of anxiety again. I was initially given Ativan to help till the meds kicked in but it's been hit and miss with it. On the weekend I was overcome with this sadness that I had never experienced before. I got scared and went to the ER as I thought it was a side effect of the meds. I had read that depression can come out with SSRI's. The Dr. gave me Clomazapan (.25 x twice a day) instead of the ativan. Again it's been a hit and miss with it as well. I'm currently on 15mg of Cipralex for about the last week and half. I started on 10mg. I know that's there's time for the meds to start working to there fullest. I'm just looking for reassurance from someone out there that it took awhile for thier Cipralex to kick in.

I just want to be myself again!!

Thanks for reading.

Robbed
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Neither Cipralex, nor any other med out there, will TRULY make you feel like yourself again. When meds work, they simply reduce your level of anxiety, in effect taking the 'edge off of it'. But they almost never make you completely well again, and typically cause side effects. And you will typically not return to your old self again by taking meds. Really, when it all comes down, the only way to recover from anxiety is by learning to accept your anxiety as something you have to live with for the time being, learning to live your life as well as you can despite your anxiety disorder, and learning to deal better with stress in your life - all while letting your anxiety disorder slowly dissipate on its own accord over time. Meds MAY help you do this to some degree at first. But they can impede this process as well, and possibly prevent it from happening. And even if they DO help you, you will need to eventually get off of them to fully recover.

LYNDSAY
02-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello there, i too, also take cipralex. it took quiet a awhile for it to kick in, and just when i thought screw it im going off of it i realized, hmm i am doing more things then i was before going on the med, so i decided to stay on it. i do also believe you cannot just solely rely on the drug itself to do its "magic". Start small and do things that you didnt think you could do before. it all takes time and lots and lots of patience. i hope you have the best of luck getting some results that are positive for ya:):)