PDA

View Full Version : Imagining Symptoms??

xgemma06x
02-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I had flu and I was in bed for about a week, feeling really ill and sick.

I have been worried ever since that i will get ill like that again and scaring myself.

Yesterday I woke up with a cold and a sore throat, and i cant remember if thats how my flu started or not, and i keep feeling sick and a bit achy, is it possible that i am imagining those symptoms and i actually just have a cold?

Please help, my parents are going away for the weekend this weekend and the worst thing that could happen is for me to be ill.. im worried! xx

ArykaLinn
02-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey, the last thing you need to worry about is a flu. Yeah, they feel crappy. Chances are it's just a cold, but if it is a flu, you will be just fine. Drink lots of clear fluids, get plenty of rest, and talk friends into coming and making you chicken noodle soup. Hope you feel better!!

xgemma06x
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice, Im hoping it will start to clear up now, ive been ill for 3 days x

ArykaLinn
02-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah, colds can do that to you. Especially when you have anxiety and you're wanting it to go away. Some of mine have lasted up to 2 weeks! They're no fun, especially when no one is around to baby you :P
I'm not sure how old you are, but something that helps me is to get out of the house for a bit. Wake up, take a long shower, do your hair/make up and go see an afternoon movie or get some lunch. Either with friends or by yourself. When you get home, you may still feel a bit crappy, but I'll bet you feel loads better!

Fudge
02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Try taking about 1000mg of vitamin D a day if you're not getting a good dose of sun on a regular basis. You'll find that it helps clear out your flu faster.