PDA

View Full Version : lorazepam

shakeNtwitch
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi new to the site and new to anxiety

I was prescribed 2mgs of lorazepam a day for a week and then upped to 4mg of lorazepam for a week and told i wont be prescribed it again and i shouldnt be anxious after recieving my test results back.
I feel terrible right now its been a week since i've had my results come back clear and since any medication and im worse then ever, but feel going back to the doctor would be a waste of time as he said medication was not the answer and was definitely only short term. But come back if I dont feel any better after the two weeks. I've left it a week and can't cope any longer. I just feel like the doctor has a very negative view of medication and wont prescribe anything to help which is worrying me especially after the lorazepam helped.

joshesmama
02-17-2009, 09:17 PM
That is stupid. People do not choose to have anxiety. That is like telling someone who has depression to snap out of it. Or, like telling a scizophrenic to stop hallucinating. It is not like a choice.

I would try to find another doctor. Doctors are so ignorant when it comes to treating anxiety. I have had doctors who thought I was trying to get a hold of "drugs" when I was seeking treatment for my anxiety.