PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get this or had this, or know what this is

notgettingbetter
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I was sitting talking to a pal today, and I kept wanting to take a deep breath, I was not stressed, i was talking nice things. Then on and off all day i am doing the deep breathing thing, and have been in conversations on the phone and have had to hang up and try and get that deep breath before calling people back.Is this anxiety? or something more sinister.

I am currently taking paroxetine, which is also called seroxat. As i get attacks of panic when i get outside the house. Driving places, or shopping, but todays episode was really strange.

Topcat
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
You were probably over breathing without realising it causing you to feel the need to take a deep breath.

02Batmobile
02-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Sounds like a symptom of anxiety. Sometimes I feel like my breathing is labored.

kdbelcher
02-28-2009, 12:17 AM
sounds like either anxiety or a side effect of the medication. Either way, I would ask a pharmasist or psyciratrist about this.

thehow33
02-28-2009, 05:04 AM
I just had that happen to me the other day...it lasted 3 days for me...I grew up with sports induced asthma so I didn' t think much of it other than I must be having problems with asthma. I went to the doctor used an inhaler for 2 days and felt better...however, I later realized it wasn't asthma because it only happens when i am under a lot of stress. I also have issues with inner ear and sinuses. I am beginning to research therapies for these problems.

Topcat
02-28-2009, 07:52 AM
I will post some information on hyperventialtion in a new thread so hopefully that way more people will see it an hopefully benefit from it :)