PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?!

hesperia
01-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Lately I think I've started having anxiety or panic attacks, but I'm not sure. Twice this week my heart began racing out of control, like I was afraid of something but I don't know what. Along with that I had a sinking feeling. Kind of a very unworldly, lonely feeling. I was really
concerned that I might be going crazy. I thought about seeing a doctor but am more worried I’d just be put on some medication. I found a list of anxiety symptoms at www.selftherapy.org (http://www.selftherapy.org) , which
has calmed me down a bit as it's sounds quite like what I’m experiencing.
Has anyone every tried that program? Or have any other suggestions? Does this sound like anxiety??

Littlebobo
01-29-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi,

I am very recently begun to realise that i have anxiety, what you are expeiencing does sound like anxiety if you feel strong enough try and talk to your doctor about it i did and they wont always give you medication, it is your choice plus they have tons of herbal remedies that you can take out there.

I hope that this helps put you a bit more at ease.

scatmantom
01-29-2006, 02:27 PM
yea it sounds like it is...but non of us here are doctors ( i think!!!) go get urself diagnosed and dont panic, its very common and there is good help out there!

mia0621
02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
I have been having anxiety and panic attacks for a long time. At one time I thought I had gotten over them, but everytime I get extremely stressed the symptoms return. I constantly worry about my family. I worry about approaching springtime and tornado watches and warnings, I just plain worry! :(

mia0621
02-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Lately I think I've started having anxiety or panic attacks, but I'm not sure. Twice this week my heart began racing out of control, like I was afraid of something but I don't know what. Along with that I had a sinking feeling. Kind of a very unworldly, lonely feeling. I was really
concerned that I might be going crazy. I thought about seeing a doctor but am more worried I’d just be put on some medication. I found a list of anxiety symptoms at www.selftherapy.org (http://www.selftherapy.org) , which
has calmed me down a bit as it's sounds quite like what I’m experiencing.
Has anyone every tried that program? Or have any other suggestions? Does this sound like anxiety?? My heart races a lot. I had an ekg that showed nothing wrong. I was reading about anxiety and panic and how the racing heart (as well as all the other symptoms) will not harm you. Just make sure you get a check up from the doctor. To find out that your heart is not diseased puts your mind more at ease.