PDA

View Full Version : Whats ifs

leftie15
01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
hey been dealing with the what ifs for awhile now it seems they consume my mind and drive me nuts it seems like everyday i find some new fear to worry bout sometimes they just go but when i find a good one it stick like glue and you can't shake it free my most recent one is what if i freak out and hurt somebody i first had this because i'm a cook and a knife is a tool of my trade i was cooking fine and then it hit me what if i pick up the knife and hurt somebody i think about all those bad words kill murder etc.... i just can't get them out of my head constant over and over it sucks so bad going through the thinking OMG this might happen and even thought i know i would neva do anythin like no one deserves to die like that its just plain wrong but it seems i can't get it through my head its like my head is stuck on repeat i love to worry about anything else anybody have any suggestions they would really help

sunshine33
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Whats ifs are my speciality. Im the exact same way If i start worrying about what if....its stuck and won't go away till i talk to a therapist or a family member. You need to talk to someone and have them tell you what your thinking is Irrational and not to worry.

Do you keep yourself busy? I find when I "what if" Im bored and i have all the time in the world to think...which is bad for me! :(

H
01-27-2006, 06:28 AM
First of all, please reply to me, I'm struggling as are you, and could do with a chat to someone who suffers like me.

Well, anxious child, anxious teen, hit 18, full on panic attack, went to see shrink, got put on Seroxat, began to cope and enjoy life, no restrictions, come off tablets after 4/5 years gradual withdrawal, add a lot of stress and back to what if's.

Also a dodgy smear and a hospital appointment on the 1st February and I don't know what to worry about more.

Beating my anxiety or what the hospital will say.

Whether it was the phychologically coming off my tablets (as they were my backbone) or whether it was stress I don't know but I am keen to talk with people who understand.

As they say, know one can help unless they are or have recovered from anxiety.

I understnad that obsessive thoughts are a sensation of anxiety and that must be true because it started with a panic attack and then came the thoughts but I now need to battle through this with a fellow anxiety riddled person.

leftie15
01-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey H i'm here for ya man this definetly is a tough thin to go through i hate the whats if all the time but my thing is just basically keep sayin f you to them if they wana fuck with you fuck with them right back make your mind understand you ain't putting up with it u gotta fight back i've been tryin really hard to it seems to help a little it sounds weird but it works alittle for me but the best thing we can do is keep our heads up and try to atleast stay positve i'll talk to ya whenever ya need i got nuttin but time i'm ready to kick my anxiety ass and it would be sweet to have a couple of people on board to help through it so anythin you need or anybody else at that matter holla stay strong hope to hear from ya soon

leftie15
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
hey Sunshine i try to keep myself busy i've been playing guitar isuck still but hey i'm gettin there i also build model mustangs it helps to keep your mind occupied for awhile atleast but works a big problem for me i am i a cook so if were not busy watch out here they come i try so hard to fight them off but sumtimes seems endless but actually these last couple days been ok the doc gave me some klonpins and owe man anxiety went plus that nice little feeling they give of calm is great i'll savor them while i can because god knows when the next time i'll be able to have a clear day but i'm working with the doc in my CBT and hoping to get me on the right meds for now til i harness my skills doc tells me i have an over active imagination i say hell ya i do what would it be if you couldn't imagine kewl fun thing unfortunatly in this caes all i can think of is bad things but i'm working to strive for a cure thanx for the insight hope you stay in touch and let me know how your doin also what kind of stuff do u do to try and fend it off