PDA

View Full Version : Recovering

DiamondSea
01-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Well, it's been about 2 and a half weeks since i hit the lowest point in depression and anxiety. I started taking my medication again and started therapy. These are some of the things that have made me a happier person:

-Being active. Go out and get some exercise, even if you are too sad or anxious to do it. I felt my worries burn off.

-Eat light, eat healthy. Eat what your body NEEDS and not what it wants.

-Appreciate life. look around you. There is so much energy, so much force and life. Take some time to clear your thoughts and recognize this at least once a day. Isn't it vast and beautiful?

-Take a deep breathe. Feel oxygen being carried throughout to your body.

-Meditation. Learn to clear your thoughts. I know this is extremely hard to do, especially for people with anxiety. Think of your mind as a muscle; every time you pull you thoughts from astray is gets stronger and easier to do.

Please, please take this advice to heart. It has gotten me so far in the past 2 weeks. If you would like to talk, pm me or use the messaging services below.

-Julian.

fearmenot
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
F.E.A.R. Face Everything And Recover...I cannot change the past, for I can only mold the future...

danstelter
01-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Those are all excellent ways of dealing with anxiety! You are on the right track and you will only do better from here on out! While you may struggle at times, you will most certainly find yourself healthier and happier each coming year! Great work! :D