PDA

View Full Version : Hello New user

Deano
01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello There,

Im a new user, im 28 and have been suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) for about 7 years on and off. Generalized means that out of the blue i can start to feel tight chested, dry mouth, palpataions, sweaty palms and just a feeling of unease.
I hate it! ive just become a father about 6 months ago and im already worring about taking her out on trips and things worring that i might feel ill and then that makes me feel ill. Its a vicious circle..any advice?

soshy
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi Deano: I know how you feel regarding the anxiety. I’m sorry you’re going through this. It’s wonderful you have a baby! I think it’s natural to have anxiety when someone becomes a parent, but I hear what you’re saying – having GAD for so long and now you have all this new responsibility. Anxiety is cruel and eats away self-confidence and the ability to just have a “normal dayâ€

leftie15
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
hey deano name eric i also have GAD so i know what your going through just wanted to say hi i'm new here but just wanted let ya know everyone i've talk to is real cool and they answer lots of question for ya make you feel welcome so none of us have to go through this alone GAD sucks so bad doesn't it but everyday i find hope in all the people i love and i hope u do the same if theres anything u need don't hestitate to ask i'm sure everyone else feels the same well good luck in the fight your friend leftie

Deano
01-27-2006, 05:34 AM
thankyou very much for your advice it's very nice talking about it and no one think your mad.

Kind regards

Dean :D

brickyard_red
01-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Welcome Deano, I'm so glad you were able to find this site! This is a great forum with great people, as I can see you've already found out. ;) You will see that you don't ever have to be afraid or worried about posting what you are going through or feeling at the time because no one here will critize you for it. We've all been there in some form or another. :)

Again welcome and I hope to see you around the forum more in the future.

Cath :)