PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks..

xxlindaxx69
01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I have really bad panic attacks. i get them 3 to 4 times a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can solve this situation? :(

FunPie
01-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes. A psychiatrist or physician would probably prescribe you some medication. I have a problem with panic attacks as well, but they are usually during acute stress. You sound like you might have panic disorder. Are the panic attacks at random?

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, combined with medication, helps many people cope with panic disorder. So far these are two of the only proven ways (as far as I'm aware) of treating anxiety disorders, and they work well for any disorder, including Panic Disorder. You can get a book on cognitive therapy online, for a fairly cheap price if used.

northstar
01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
hi linda, perhaps if you told us a little bit more about yourself and your story we would be able to help you out a bit more. funpie is right in advising you talk to your doctor if you haven't done already, and CBT is the recommended therapy for anxiety problems. i wrote a big post detailing all the things i did to help me through my own anxiety and panic problems, you might like to take a look at it to see if you find any of it helpful, there are lots of things you can do to help yourself out: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087