PDA

View Full Version : Help! I feel as if I am going crazy!!

InZane4all
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
For the past month or so, I have been feeling very weak and have had very little energy. Doctor ordered an MRI and bloodwork. Both came back negative but I still feel the same. My GP thinks it's stress while other doctors think it's a viral infection. I have gotten 3 different bloodworks done by different doctors and they have all came back negative. Along with the MRI, I have also gotten a CT Scan, and both are negative.

Could it REALLY be anxiety? I just feel as if I am losing my mind. I sometimes get the feeling that I cant breath or if I have flem in my throat, constantly worry that I may have a heart attack, and the reason for this is that I get weird sensation around my left side of my chest (EKG has been done 3 times and was told everything is fine), the top of my head feels as if it is going numb, almost pins and needles feeling.

If all of this sounds familiar, what medication would you suggest? I didn't want to go the meds route, but it's getting to the point where it is interferring with my daily life. I used to excercise all the time and I now feel as if I'm just losing control.

FunPie
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Your symptoms can easily be explained by anxiety. You had an MRI, which showed nothing. Combine that with the bloodwork, and you have a perfect recipe for physically healthy. The pain on the left side of your chest, considering your perfetc EKG, can be caused by tense muscles around the ribcage. The fact that it is your left side is just a coincidence.

That being said, all the symptoms you describe can be explained by anxiety, including thinking you are going "crazy". Just breathe, you are not going crazy.

Only a psychiatrist or physician can accurately recommend medication. You can also try some books on cognitive therapy, there are dozens on them you can buy online.

InZane4all
01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was prescribed Valium, so let's see how that goes. :roll:

northstar
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
hi inzane4all, sorry to see you feeling so bad :(

the chances are that since you've only been feeling this way for a little while that it really is a viral infection, they can last quite a long time & i've had a couple myself that just leave you feeling weak, tired and miserable without you ever really being properly sick so that you don't know if you're making it up or if you're actually sick - lol, that sounds a bit confusing, i hope it made sense to you!

if you think it's stress & anxiety then there are lots of things you can do to help out, you might like to take a look at this post to get some ideas: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087

i hope you're feeling better soon :)