PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Zoloft-Please Read

confusedgrl
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
I talked to my doctor today about my anxiety and she thought it would be best to prescribe me zoloft. I would take the normal dosage which is 50mg per day. She said it would take the edge off anxiety issues.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to work and if there are any bad side effects? Thanks for your help

FunPie
01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't know how long it takes to work. A simple search should answer the question. All drugs have the possibility of side effects, it depends on your body. Most don't have severe side effects with Zoloft. If most did then it would not be a marketable drug. I personally did Zoloft for a week and the only thing I got was that my mouth was a little dry. Most people feel no side effects. Here are some common ones with Zoloft that I found:

Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Zoloft.

More common side effects may include:
Abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, constipation, decreased sex drive, diarrhea or loose stools, difficulty with ejaculation, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, gas, headache, decreased appetite, increased sweating, indigestion, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, pain, rash, sleepiness, sore throat, tingling or pins and needles, tremor, vision problems, vomiting

will
01-08-2009, 08:49 AM
hi confused.
I too am taking zoloft. I think it takes a little while longer to really feel the effects of it compared to other drugs, but the side effects are less mild. stick it out for at least 2 weeks. 50 mg is on the lower side. I take 100mg and my doc told me a lot of people take 150 or 200.
as for the side effects, I swet more when I first started taking it and gained a little weight, however it might have been that I had a hard time eating with so much anxiety!!
hope this helps