PDA

View Full Version : Please help me...

sirux
01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi, I'd like to say hi.. I'm a 20 year old from Toronto.. with some anxiety
issues, it all began whenever I started drinking heavily.. I quit 11 months ago.. and its been getting better.. but now I'm on this vacation for 1 week to visit a ex-girlfriend (my first love) and while shes at school today I feel soooo anxious and shaky I puked a few times.. so I went to the gym did
some cardio and weights.. it usually helps me but not this time.. I wish
this shit would just go away:(
Maybe visiting a long lost love was a bad idea also.. I need to get myself
together without alcohol:(!!!

james007
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi, I'd like to say hi.. I'm a 20 year old from Toronto.. with some anxiety
issues, it all began whenever I started drinking heavily.. I quit 11 months ago.. and its been getting better.. but now I'm on this vacation for 1 week to visit a ex-girlfriend (my first love) and while shes at school today I feel soooo anxious and shaky I puked a few times.. so I went to the gym did
some cardio and weights.. it usually helps me but not this time.. I wish
this shit would just go away:(
Maybe visiting a long lost love was a bad idea also.. I need to get myself
together without alcohol:(!!!

Sounds like you are a guy like me in which if I consume alcohol I get very anxious and even a little depressed. Visiting your first love is probably a mistake because for me at least my unconscious mind seems to want to gravitate to something familiar in hopes of relieving my anxiety. Nevertheless the opposite usually happens. Since you are so young you may want to focus on trying to get your anxiety under control before having another relationship. Believe me it really helps in the end.