PDA

View Full Version : Relatively new to anxiety, new to the forum!

winterfaeire
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Greetings, all!

I've been dealing with anxiety for about 4 years now - although it's only become a major issue within the past two years.

I think mine is mostly stress triggered - and I have a lot of stress. I started having that awful, stomach-churning feeling in my stomach on a daily basis when I was planning my wedding. I thought it was just pre-wedding stress, but it didn't go away AFTER the wedding was over. My doctor prescribed me Effexor with a small prescription for Klonopin to take as needed.

That worked well for a year or so, but within the past 6 months things have become very bad. Panic attacks that would usually happen once or twice a year were now happening once or twice a week. One panic attack was so bad that I just wanted everything to go away - so I combined the Klonopin with alcohol and a handful of benadryl. It was awful.

After that I went back to the doctor - she upped my Effexor to 150 and gave me a prescription for a daily dose of klonopin. Things are better, but still not great. The slightest trigger will cause my anxiety to go into overdrive - ESPECIALLY if there is nothing I can do about the situation.

Which is why I'm here. I hope to learn a bit from y'all. Thanks. :)