PDA

View Full Version : Xanax

jdawgzy
12-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm currently taking Zoloft and have some Xanax around when i get in a bad panic. Well yesterday was one of those days and i took a Xanax and all was going well. Today when i woke up i just feel like total crap. I'm not feeling myself, i feel like sleeping but i really don't want to, and i just don't know what's going on. Could this be some withdrawl of Xanax or some side effect? I've been taking Xanax for about 3months, just when i have my bad days. I can't remember if i was feeling like this the other times i took it, but it's just a horrible feeling. Physically i'm not up to my standard and mentally i feel broken down. I did split wood last night for about 1-2hours. I'm not sure if Xanax and physical activity don't mix or what.

AnxiousYankee
01-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Sometimes when you take Xanax it has a side effect of making you drowsy. I would consult your psychiatrist and let him/her know about this. There are other benzo drugs that can be prescribed if you continue to experience these side affects.

Matt_H
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm currently taking Zoloft and have some Xanax around when i get in a bad panic. Well yesterday was one of those days and i took a Xanax and all was going well. Today when i woke up i just feel like total crap. I'm not feeling myself, i feel like sleeping but i really don't want to, and i just don't know what's going on. Could this be some withdrawl of Xanax or some side effect? I've been taking Xanax for about 3months, just when i have my bad days. I can't remember if i was feeling like this the other times i took it, but it's just a horrible feeling. Physically i'm not up to my standard and mentally i feel broken down. I did split wood last night for about 1-2hours. I'm not sure if Xanax and physical activity don't mix or what.

What dose of Xanax was it? How often do you take this dose? If you only take it once in a while, then tolerance is probably very low. With a low tolerance you're more prone to experience the "hang-over" effects. I'd suggest you're fine, but since very few of us here are doctors, I suggest you follow up with yours if you have any real concerns.

fernandogress
08-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Alprazolam(Xanax) may be taken with or without food. The starting dose for treating anxiety is 0.25-0.5 mg 3 times daily using immediate release tablets. The dose may be increased every 3-4 days to a maximum dose of 4 mg daily. The starting dose for treating panic attacks is 0.5 mg 3 times daily. Doses can be increased every 3-4 days but by no more than 1 mg daily. The effective dose for preventing panic attacks may be as high as 6 mg daily.