PDA

View Full Version : Serious anxiety problems please help

01-22-2006, 12:50 PM
hi,
my name is Milly. I am 16 years old.
I have suffered from anxiety ever since I can remember but it has got worse since I did my GCSE's last summer, I dont go to school anymore because of my anxiety and I cant go anywhere. I have lost all my friends becasue I turn dowwn all there invitations to go to there houses or out shopping becasue I am so scared to go out.
I have tried cognitive therapy and have seen several therapists and hypnotherapists and they couldnt help me (one even called me a failure becasue I couldnt go shopping!).
I have been offered Prozac but I refuse to take it because I have a sensitive stomach and they make me sick and I have a fear of being sick!
Please can someone help me, I feel like I am in the wrong body and I just want to get out, I have been at home constantly for 6 months and my family just thinks that I am being silly and should face my demons but they dont know how hard it is.
They want me to go back to school next year but I cant.
And I dont know what I am going to do when I am older becasue I wont be able to get a job as I cant get out the house
Please help me,
Milly

scatmantom
01-22-2006, 03:20 PM
milly it breaks my heart to hear your story. This is so similar to wot i went thru...altho i was able to go to certain places. At school i nvr once went to a friends house or out with my friends. It turned me into a liar who had to make up pathetic excuses to avoid social interaction. Ive grown up alot since then and no longer lie to people...but those reputations are not easy to escape from :(

I can advice u see a differnt therapist and as bad as it seems u really need to force yourself out of the house.

This friday i was invited to a bar...i was sick 2 times b4 i left the house, with my mates all waiting downstairs to leave my house. I wanted to stay at home so badly...but i said fuck it and just went. Very very hard to do..but i had a great night in the end...this is the story of my life lately. The thing u need to think about is do u wanna stay at home and wish u had gone out? or would u rather go out and feel bad for a while but then be fine and enjoy life again?

I hope my advice helps you in some way.

Angel
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, i agree with the above, there have been ALOT of times that i wanted to stay home or not do something that i had planned. but i ,like the above, said Fuck It and went anyway. Its better i promise. Make sure your parents are aware of everything going on. Keep kommunikation open, and tell your therapist to have him/her kall your parents in for a conference and have your therapist fill in your parents of everything going on with you.

Many of the problems within a home of a chronik anxiety sufferer, are do the lack of miskommunikation and being unedukated about anxiety attacks, panik,etc.

Alot of the tension going on in the household when it first began for me, was bekause i didnt talk at all..i didnt say anything. and once i did it was so much better...my therapist kalled my parents in and filled them in...

if your parents akt a certain way towards you and are not edukated, it is mainly bekause they are skared. They feel powerless over what is going on and kan say the wrong things sometimes. Thats why it is important that they know everything.

okay, well do this, it will help.

AngEL