PDA

View Full Version : In Need Of Anxiety Insight....

thickfreakness
12-13-2008, 07:11 PM
hi! My name is Kevin and I'm 20 years old. It's taken me a while to come to grips with the fact that I might have anxiety or maybe depressed. I'm not sure what my diagnosis is as I've never been to a shrink. I'm really confused because I've developed these really bad habits, and I'm not sure which came first, the anxiety or my terrible regiment(staying up nearly every night, sleeping all day on my days off, bad nutrition/ not eating) I kind of had a break down when I first went to college and I didn't fit in, staying in my room all day sleeping, staying up all night. I dropped out and then my anxiety seemed to get better, being in a comfortable environment but, I still have delusions that people are talking about me behind my back. I realize I may have had this all my life but recent revelations made me aware. When I was younger I was prone to emotion or becoming violent and I couldn't control it. Now I'll feel like I want to beat up anything and everything when I'm feeling tons of stress. The scary thing is that when I used to fight I'd feel better afterwards, like I'd lifted some kind of weight off my shoulders. These past years have been very unproductive and my thought is clouded by my anxiety. I have feelings of social ineptitude, like I'm not good enough or that I must be really ugly, preventing me from developing relationships and wrecking my friendships. I'm really sensitive to criticism of any kind and I take things very far in my head. Now I'm kind of trapped in life, like I'm keeping the real me back. I guess I'm looking for some sort of advice