PDA

View Full Version : Fight or flight sydrome - can anyone offer help to a newbie?

Littlebobo
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello,

My name is Lisa I am 24 and over the last few years i have noticed that i have begun to worry about well just about everything..

The worrying tends to begin last thing at night or when i get in from work about really stupid things although they seem so important to me at the time..Most nights i end up lying awake my heart pounding feeling close to tears not knowing what to do. :cry:

I eventually got the courage to see the doc and he has not told me that i am suffering from anxiety although he has said that he would like to do some tests a blood test and ECG he believes i am experiencing Fight or flight sydrome ..the thing is now i dont know if i can through with it what if there is something wrong with me and also i am worried about getting the time off from work i have only recently just started a new job and this does not look good i dont want them thinking i am a hypercondreact always going to the doctos ( there are 3 seperate appointments)..he also mentioned prescribing me some medicine that will help ease these syptoms ..what is this likely to be and what does it do..is it safe ..?

I probably sound like i am rambling on i do hope that there is someone out there who can understand what i am going through and not think that i am some kind of nutcase, I am also living with my partner although things in that department could be better could that be adding to my problem? Also does anyone know if Vit B helps at all.

If you are reading this - thanks for taking the time :)

brickyard_red
01-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Welcome Littlebobo. I'm glad you found this forum. It sounds to me that you are experiencing anxiety. I think going to the dr. and having the tests run is a good idea. Medicine does work. It has for me and others here that I know of. I'm sure your dr. knows which ones to give you and which ones not to. I really don't think that anything your dr. will give you will hurt you, only make things easier to handle. :)

Know that you are not alone and for anxiety sufferers, these things are normal. You're NOT a nutcase and anyone that may say you are doesn't know anything they are talking about.

I hope to see you more in the future and again, I'm glad you're here.

Cath :)