PDA

View Full Version : Christian Thread (no debates please)

RoadToRecovery
12-19-2019, 08:11 PM
I didn’t happen to see a Christian discussion section on the off-topic board, so I thought I’d start one up. Are there any other Christians out there an anxietyforum.net? If so, I’d love to connect and talk about our faith. Perhaps we could encourage one another through our hurts and trials :)

I humbly and politely ask that non-Christians please refrain from mocking/hostile/debating posts here. I would like this to be a place where Christians can talk together without others chiming in and making derogatory remarks about our faith. Thank you!

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” --Matthew 11:28-30

RoadToRecovery
12-20-2019, 11:49 AM
How has your relationship with Christ helped you in your life?

God has helped to give me peace in times of anxiety and panic more times than I can count. The Bible says in Phillipians 4:6-7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
I have many times followed this teaching in the Bible and I will feel God’s peace wash over me. It usually starts out with a tingle in my lower back that turns into goosebumps, then I feel such a feeling of calm come over me. . It is a wonderful feeling, and like medicine to my body, mind, and spirit.. I remember when I first started struggling with anxiety disorder back in 2013, I latched onto this promise, and Gods peace helped me through so many worries and trials.

Ponder
01-01-2020, 07:07 AM
There is a reason Christians use Christian forums to preach in. I would also propose that there is a reason that the makers of this forum did not specifcally make a Christian Section.

Politely asking as you do, does not give you the right to silence objectors. The presence of religion is this forum does not bode well for mental illness.

Your length of time spent in the forum may not of been enough for you to of seen the many objections made against people preaching in this forum. There have been many.

If your religion gives you what you need, then why are you not communicating with like minds in a forum meant for christians?

Your focus on preaching here is the offense. Not the other way around. This is not the forum for it. I come here to get away from Bible thumping Christians, not to come here and see it a place for more preaching?

I can't think of a place that sets up an enviroment more for rejection than that of religious groups who thrive on vunrable groups. No doubt the main reason you can't find a subsection in this forum.

2020 ... I guess this was to be expected.

Now that I have made my objection, I leave you to the new year. Go your hardest. 👍

RoadToRecovery
01-05-2020, 07:53 PM
There is a reason Christians use Christian forums to preach in. I would also propose that there is a reason that the makers of this forum did not specifcally make a Christian Section.

Politely asking as you do, does not give you the right to silence objectors. The presence of religion is this forum does not bode well for mental illness.

Your length of time spent in the forum may not of been enough for you to of seen the many objections made against people preaching in this forum. There have been many.

If your religion gives you what you need, then why are you not communicating with like minds in a forum meant for christians?

Your focus on preaching here is the offense. Not the other way around. This is not the forum for it. I come here to get away from Bible thumping Christians, not to come here and see it a place for more preaching?

I can't think of a place that sets up an enviroment more for rejection than that of religious groups who thrive on vunrable groups. No doubt the main reason you can't find a subsection in this forum.

2020 ... I guess this was to be expected.

Now that I have made my objection, I leave you to the new year. Go your hardest. 

My faith in Jesus has been the #1 greatest thing for my mental health. I am happiest and most at peace when I am close to God. True, there are many religions out there that may not bode well for mental health, but it is my belief that Christianity when followed according to the Bible is of tremendous help for anxiety sufferers.

I’ve seen some threads on religion in this forum in the past and I have seen that some people hate religion on here and go out of their way to silence people speaking about it. I’d hoped to start this thread where others with a similar faith or some who are interested in knowing more about Christianity could talk about it without retaliation. But I guess hostility is to be expected with how much disagreement there is over religion in the world. Jesus said that believers should expect hostility and persecution because he himself was treated this way.

It’s not as if I bring my religion into every discussion I make on this forum. In fact, if you go through my post history, I don’t know if even made a single post about my religion outside of this thread. Why not just ignore my thread instead of coming on here and trying to cut it down?

I am very active on christian forums, but Jesus told believers to spread the good news and to sharpen other believers as iron sharpens iron. With christianity being one of the worlds largest religions, I’m sure there are others on this forum who are believers as well.

This post is in the appropriate place on this forum in the “off topic” board where people take about all sorts of things. It’s not as if I’m posting in the anxiety general discussion.

I will continue to talk about my faith is Jesus for anyone who is interested. He brings me great happiness, contentment, and peace!

ScatterShot
01-21-2020, 02:16 PM
I recently (April 21st 2019) accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I can say that since doing so, and delving back into the Living Word I've come to feel a lot better about myself and about others. I've been able to accept a lot more about what is going on in my life. I was in a shelter that was faith based when this occurred where we did Daily Bread each morning and attended several classes (sermons) a day learning about the Bible and the Word within it. I'm very grateful to that place, and where it has brought me out of. I'm still young in my walk with Christ but I look forward to continuing to learn and grow in my faith every day.

IAmCamille
03-05-2020, 09:28 PM
I agree, just simply pray and believe that everything happens for a reason. :)