PDA

View Full Version : low body temperature?

proxi
12-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I've notice recently my body temperature dropped to around 96.1-97,
can it be related somehow to anxiety?
thanks

Robbed
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Contrary to popular belief, pretty much NOBODY out there maintains a temperature of EXACTLY 98.6F 24/7/365. In fact, few people will actually show a temperature of 98.6F! So what is all this you hear about 98.6F being 'normal' body temperature? It is actually the AVERAGE body temperature, and not normal body temperature. This is what the temperature would be if you were to average the body temperatures of a large number of people. But on an individual basis, you will find that there is actually a rather wide range of temperatures that is normal. Normal body temperature actually can range from below 97 degrees to 100 degrees. However, a temperature of 99-100 degrees could very well be a fever for someone who normally burns ALOT cooler. To complicate matters, body temperature changes much over the day. It is generally coolest when you get up, and gets warmer throughout the day. Exercise can make it warmer yet. So don't get too caught up with the fact that you are not at precisely 98.6F.

proxi
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
thanks for info, actually I had quite cold in my apartment yesterday and maybe this affected my body temperature. Today they fixed heating and my temp is higher. So we react to outside temperature? I got as low as 96.1
which is much lower then normal.