PDA

View Full Version : breathing issues, deep breaths

demigod17
08-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Even when I'm sat down I feel like I need to fill big deep breaths and sometimes I can't and it worries me. But why would I need big deep breaths if I'm just sat watching TV?? Is trying to take these big breaths causing this issue do you think??

AceParadox
08-30-2018, 06:04 AM
It's possible. With anxiety, we tend to be more sensitive and reactive to things as normal as breathing - especially during a panic attack, the onset of one, or just when anxious in general. With anxiety, you'll tend to find something small, ruminate on it, and in turn grow it into something bigger than it is.

In this case, you are likely experiencing what we call "Insufficient Breathing" - so when THINK about something that's normally autonomous, it tends to temporarily become well not autonomous, haha. So you'll start to think, "...gotta breath...gotta breath...Why do I still feel weird? This isn't normal, must need more oxygen for some reason, breath deeper, more oxygen...still not working...What could this be? Are my lungs not functioning proper? Is it a symptom of an underlying condition? COPD?"

Ok, maybe not that severe, but you get the picture :P - Basically, the more you think about it, the bigger it gets :) Many of us experience the same thing. Try as best as you can to take it off your mind. Keep us updated :)