PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Problem

RYS
07-22-2018, 06:05 AM
Hey, I think my anxiety is responding very badly to stress lately. A few days ago my sister came home from surgery and I have been attending to her around the clock. For the past two nights I've gotten 4 or less hours of sleep and have felt really rough. Tonight after a lot of effort I was able to sleep but woke up an hour and a half later with my heart racing. Tonight was going to be the first night I could get some actual significant sleep, but now I feel too worked up and awake to even try. I'm not currently on any medication and my first appointment still isn't for another 5 days. Does anyone have any sleep techniques that deal with stress or anxiety? Deep breathing helped me calm down a bit but not much. Any advice in general would be nice and appreciated.

RYS
07-22-2018, 11:43 AM
I've still been up, heart still feels like its pounding just as well as ever. I've been lying down for 2 hours or so and only got another half hour. I feel like death, does anyone know any ways to deal with this.

Imperfect
07-22-2018, 03:19 PM
What kind of duties are you doing and how often are you doing them. I guess any change in routine is disabling. Avoid too much food and drink more water whiles feeling like this.

How much longer will you be looking after your sister like this and will the high needs reduce over the next couple of days? Foresight may help to alleviate the tension if you can see an end in sight.

littlestarsmum
07-22-2018, 10:11 PM
I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. I’d suggest that you could pursue an activity, sport, or hobby that you enjoy and that makes you feel good. Physical exercise has the added benefit of helping to relieve negative emotions naturally. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort, strength, and peace. Take good care of yourself. I hope you’ll feel better soon. Hugs & prayers!

RYS
07-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the reply you two I really appreciate it

RYS
07-29-2018, 08:46 AM
For the past 3 days I've been waking up after 3-5 hours (which has been going on for more than a week)with an extremely fast heart rate and shivering. I haven't been eating much at all and I feel so sick. is this anxiety?

RYS
07-29-2018, 08:51 AM
I feel like I'm dying

RYS
07-29-2018, 09:20 AM
it's all taking so much out of me, i feel so horrible, i need to know if its anxiety or not, please, if anyone can tell me

MainerMikeBrown
07-29-2018, 02:01 PM
I used to have a hard time getting to sleep...until I went on psychiatric medication, that is.

RYS
07-29-2018, 10:47 PM
What do you happen to be on? I was finally able to see a psychiatrist and got prescribed prozac and hydroxyzine.

MainerMikeBrown
07-30-2018, 04:35 PM
RYS, for the last seven years I've been on a psychiatric drug called Clozaril (Clozapine).

But before being prescribed the Clozaril in 2011, I was on lots of different medications over the years. And while not all psych meds worked for me emotionally, they all helped me with my sleep.

Rap_Lover
08-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Hi there RYS,
I have had to cope with all sorts of sleeping disorders and luckily they aren't harmful in my opinion. Since a young age I have been sleep eating, a disorder where you get up and make/eat food at night. I cope with it by eating lots before bed and planning my nights. I also tend to wake up often throughout the night, 1am, 3am, 5am are common times when I awake. Also have had strange dreams including sleep paralysis episodes. Your symptoms sound relatively easy to handle, just meditate or do a relaxing activity before bedtime.

If you don't already go to the gym or have mental exercise I would suggest using some to manage your sleep. Turning off the brain is easily managed by making yourself tired, but the trick is to not overexert yourself. Hope it helps, I know the struggle of sleeping.