PDA

View Full Version : Will therapy help a friend?

IAmCamille
07-04-2018, 04:29 AM
we feel anxious when we worry and if I'm not mistaken, this is a part of a person's life. We worry about things. But how do we know when its only an occasional anxiety or something that needs a serious attention, medication and treatment? Actually, I was able to witnessed how a friend shakes because of too much worrying over a problem. In such case, will therapy help her?

IAmCamille
07-10-2018, 07:38 PM
It may well do, yes. As humans, we overlay an awful lot of crap onto reality. For example, we judge, project, catastrophize, etc. A little of this is normal. Too much and life becomes miserable.

Learning to adjust the way one conceptualizes life is often very beneficial. Therapy is a discipline that can help people realize and adjust their inner story-telling and habitual behaviors.

Thank you! You have a point about a therapy. But, what type of therapy will be best for my friend?

IAmCamille
07-10-2018, 07:38 PM
It may well do, yes. As humans, we overlay an awful lot of crap onto reality. For example, we judge, project, catastrophize, etc. A little of this is normal. Too much and life becomes miserable.

Learning to adjust the way one conceptualizes life is often very beneficial. Therapy is a discipline that can help people realize and adjust their inner story-telling and habitual behaviors.

Thank you! You have a point about a therapy. But, what type of therapy will be best for my friend?

samv315
07-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Absolutely!

ChicBulletin
07-10-2018, 11:34 PM
I would say the same. Your friend needs support from a therapist.

IAmCamille
07-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Perhaps to have a better understanding I need to read and see some reviews about the treatment and therapy before helping a friend. Actually, I browse around this website (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression) ). I just hope this is the support and answer we need for a friend's current behavioral problem.

IAmCamille
08-14-2018, 10:16 AM
I would say the same. Your friend needs support from a therapist.

After giving it some thought, she's considering. Hope it helps her.