PDA

View Full Version : Psychotherapy via internet (Skype or Zoom)

drmilanpopovic
06-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Hi everybody,

I am DR Milan Popovic, Medical Doctor from Serbia, Belgrade. I am resident od psychiatry at Medical Faculty University of Belgrade. I am psychotherapist.

I am psychoterapist over internet (Skype or Zoom) for those who are not from Belgrade.

Best Regards,

Milan, MD

Ponder
06-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Srry. We don't allow the possible exploitation of our members by allowing service providers to advertise thier business in this forum.

This forum is a 'home' for anxiety sufferers and as such we like to keep our members in a safe and trust worthy space. Clinical and likewise professional solicitation in any form is not permitted here.

Please refrain from any further advertising.
--------------------------------

Unless you would like to share your own experiences as a sufferer from a peer perspective; then there is not much we can do to help you.

Thank you for you time.

~ Mr David Kynaston. [Full time professional sufferer]

Dahila
06-22-2018, 03:04 PM
That's awful , indecent to come to prey on vulnerable people. It makes me sick

Ponder
06-22-2018, 05:14 PM
I'm glad you can see that D. I actually have a psychiatrist appointment on Monday - In a setting where I can actually gauge the persons viability.

Your right ... these places make great picking grounds for all kinds of experiments.

I have been very busy whilst crossing paths re FB. My apologies on that front. I write more personally in my thread later today.

You are on my mind - Hope this finds you well.

(Hugs) ~ D :)

salvator here
06-22-2018, 06:10 PM
I also see the Psychologist Monday. Don't even know now to approach everything (even a taste) I'm going through. I don't want to say the wrong thing and get committed again. Its a game of what to say and what not to say I guess. They don't know it yet (not sure I'll even say) I've already tapered off the effexor and they won't be happy seeing as meds were forced upon me during my last stay in April.

salvator here
06-22-2018, 06:14 PM
I wonder what good is apps like Talkspace and others. Do they even claim to be professionals? That's how it looks on those television commercials with celebrities touting it. I think its taking advantage of people. These services (or whatever) are not free.

Ponder
06-23-2018, 02:43 AM
That sounds hard core Sal. Were you put on an ITO (Involuntary Treatment Order?) Understand if your not up to talking on such a personal level but if so … I do understand.

Yes, it can seem very much like a game at times. You don’t have to be put on an ITO to see that. Medications to these cereal packet professionals are often used like handcuffs more than actual aids to a more meaningful solution. Yes, the meds have their place but when it comes to the hard lined approach they are rarely used in a balanced approach.

Congrats on the tapering off of your medications. I am sure you had a good grounds in which to reduce your meds.

May I suggest the pros to your reasoning, for the reduction in medication, be a good place in which to approach your upcoming appointment. That will surely give you a focus point from which to start your session; a positive one at that!
Not meaning to imply this of you but it make me think from my own perspective how resentment at forced compliance is totally understandable. Believe me when I say I truly know 1st hand. I won’t go into it too much here, but I am happy to talk about it in my thread. The truth is that many of us are forcibly put into unwilling situations without the drama of outright authoritative responses. Much of it is done by persuasion and perception management with most people ending up reliant. Like sheep in need of a sheer, lest they over heat. (People out of natural environment, bred into unnatural states all in the name of progress and $$$)

Yea … those apps add to the problem in much the same way docs complacently use meds. Creates the need. Just like prisons need prisoner’s. I don’t suspect people will understand such an analogy - but that’s my take despite the few that find solace in said apps. There have been posts here praising the wonders they bring … but so too we also get vultures here doing their thing.

Anyways my friend … I will not say ‘perk up’ (see I said I would not say the other again) Because I read you man and I respect the way you feel. I just suggest you think about turning that point of concern re the reduction in meds from a negative mind set resultant imo from the stigma associated to those of us that want off or at least to reduce one’s meds.

Turn that fear into a positive and make a point to the reasons why you are reducing them. You do that right (in addition to the side effects, also highlight the positive gains you have felt since backing off the dose) they may at least see your heading in a good direction through positive acknowledgement and creating your own goals. 'They will' ... if our fears are unjust. Give them a chance man and do it like you would like someone to do for yourself (the latter being the best reason to do it ... is also the essence of being kind to yourself) … Please do keep us or even PM if you wish as to your progress.

I know you have been down for a while now. You’re like a bro to me. I want to know how you’re going when your able to share. In the meantime, … feel and go through what you must.

Again … I am just pleased you’re talking it though and reaching out like so.

That’s way better than being wooohooooed and ushered buy these would be students passing themselves off as Pros. In here we provide our own council. No fucking university or fang dangled seminar with some BS certification is going to top that. I care less how qualified they make themselves out to be. This is not place for them. This is our home ... our place. They are nothing more than door knockers out to exploit.

There is no room in here for money spinners … don’t you folks worry about that.

salvator here
07-02-2018, 08:20 AM
In all fairness, when I was carted off, it was because I was in complete psychosis and I have little memory of even the first few days and made no sense.

Oh I didn't get off all my meds though, just Effexor was turning me into a wired mess. Making things worse for me. I don't actually know what they will do concerning meds at this point. Usually when i wind up that bad, Its Haldol in the ass and I'm out of it for quite some time. Takes longer and longer to recover I will say that.

Honestly the visit went as expected given what I decided to reveal. Not sure really what will happen. I don't do well in a hospital environment for a long list of reasons. I don't do groups and I'm seem a non compliant. I'm timid and meek (easily targeted). Its become a fine balance because they know I don't want to be hospitalized and it won't help me in the long run. Nothing is accomplished other than accumulating more bills. Discharged to the exact same situation and environment and circumstances. They know this but when I become suicidal, then it becomes tricky, especially when I go without any contact for sometimes weeks with them. I'm so isolated that I sometimes go weeks or longer without speaking to anybody at all; truthfully! I would actually be ok with that in of itself. Doctors disagree with me on this, but inviting a dysfunctional family that only adds to (and is largely the cause) of the depression is a recipe for disaster. Friends have proven only destructive, at least my friends. Again, they are aware but not in a good situation at all. Isolation is bad but the alternative for is worse. This did not used to be my reality, but it is now and I didn't chose it.

Hopefully I can make some good changes this year. Still keeping this as a goal. Appreciate the little things maybe. See the progress even small steps.

Jeez this is bad, I keep writing and deleting and logging out. Just really unsure and doubting myself on everything (even posting and words and thoughts) I guess.

I'll try my best to at least remain hopeful. Hard be positive at the moment either.

Yeah been down for a while and feel beat down. Though Hey.. I sometime perk up at something though if that makes sense for brief spots. Sometimes a simple game or music does that. Chin up means something else totally to me though. when I hear that, It reminds me that I almost always walk with my head down. I don't feel I deserve it but I still do.

See I also read everything you write. Not always able to respond. Sometimes hard to write for me. However I feel better for hitting the submit button. I won't delete this one. Sorry for hijacking this thread temporarily.

It means a great deal to know people do care, even if in another country, and I do also wish they best for you and others here.

Dahila
07-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Sal do not delete anything , you doing just fine, you catching the moment and opening yourself, I wish I could , I know it helps. Nice to see you Sal ;)

Ponder
07-02-2018, 02:46 PM
We don't have to agree with those doctors or anyone for that matter. What's important is what you or I; our true selves wants. Is hard to know when we really don't know ourselves and as if any of us really know who we really are this day and age. Thing is Sal - your making gains in here and that is what counts. Even in my lowest point with all my yelling and screaming I know in the end it comes down to what I really want and or how I come to see such desire. In our cases Sal - If I may presume as someone that thinks he understands you or any of us likewise here, all we really want is space in which to breathe ... to just be our true selves.

When you, I or any of the others reach out in here in whatever way - finding that breathing space eventually comes. This is why when I read you or the others open up like so (regardless of whatever is said) I find hope. Hope another term I struggle with ... but I sense it to be some kind of healthy connection. Like what is being talked about in the other threads ... FRIENDS are hard to find this day and age. Defining friends like hope is as complicated as navigating the mental health system of which you speak and leaves us feeling drained to a point that keeps us from reaching.

Remember Jesse - D just reminded me of him. He showed me in here that to Define was to Confine. I picked that one up listening to some Guru he linked me to. Trying to understand and dissect things from an analytical approach does our heads in. On that other hand reaching out and learning to feel reaps more reward when it comes to true identification.

Srry to go on ... I am just saying and or wish to encourage you and the others to keep doing what your doing. I see what your do in here as really powerful, courageous, and all round encouraging stuff. This is why I like how quiet things are at the moment. It feels like there is space between each breath in here of late.

Take your time ... because what I am seeing is that each time despite the confusion and pain that you speak of (like myself) you seemingly come back each time with a sense of hope. Man ... I just can't fathom that term yet it still has. I think it be more like a spark and that because it's actually real ... no matter how small it warms my world. Yea ... something like that. You, I and others like us reaching out from a point of pure passions that we know is so real regardless of how dark or bleak - that there is what true healing is all about.

If you want to hit delete, I understand - but I'm with D on this one. Your doing a fine job just as is. You might be surprised as just how many more people wish they too could open up without the fear and just tell it as is. (although fear still exists ... which why I am so encouraged to see you and the others speak with such feeling ... I be very grateful for that. TY)

So glad that we and the others can call ourselves friends. :)

salvator here
07-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Thanks Dahila and Ponder :)

Happy to be here as well.

If I'm in need of more support, I'll create a new thread.

Thanks again and no need to reply :)