PDA

View Full Version : What next?

jdawgzy
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm 16 and I feel things are getting worse by the day. Lately my ptsd has been haunting me, with my fear of the sky. I have terrible anticipation anxiety, i can't watch fireworks, hunt, and am hardly able to drive. Though most of them are fear of sky-related issues, i fear they will never be fixed. I 've been to two therapists and have taken 3 different kinds of medication(Paxil, Zoloft, Ativan). Not even taking an Ativan, do i get any peaceful feeling. I've been having suicidal thoughts, though i never even imagined harming myself at all. To be honest, i was more frightened to harm myself than anything else. Last year, i pulled myself out of school, because of frequent panic attacks each day that kept me in the nurse's office for atleast an entire class period. I don't bother with relationships anymore, because i believe i'm too much of a mess for anyone to bother with. I'm still open to therapy, but i don't know who or what to try. I'm not sure if an adolescent therapy or group therapy would be better for me to try. I don't suffer from very much social anxiety if any, thank god.

sarah30
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
please don't give up. You are only 16. I have been dealing with panic and anxiety issues my whole life. Panic attacks and the whole nine yards. True, it is a fight every day, But, their is so much in your life to look forwars too. God created us the way he wanted and we must realize. God doesn't give us this fear. You are not to much of a mess for a realtionship. trust, me its the ones who don't have anxiety and panic they are the messed up. actually sometimes I think they are the crazy ones. lol. Keep fighting day tpo day. We become stronger with every attack. Until one day they will stop and ypur phobias will become better. It a rollercoaster ride. But, not impossible to beat. What helps me is my faith in the lord. he gives me the strength to keep on keeping on. You r in my thoughts and prayers. good luck and god bless. I think group therapy or even indiviual therapy could help. If not it can't hurt