PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Pilich
05-08-2018, 01:15 AM
I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve always had anxiety but never this bad. I’ve recently tried to go off my meds but got the worst anxiety of my life so went back on, but they’re not working!
I’m desperate. I’m anxious 24/7 and obsessed with thoughts of dying and time and I can’t stop.
I just want to be drunk all the time so I don’t have to feel and sometimes I wish I was never born because I can’t stand feeling like this it’s unbearable. I don’t know what to do and don’t know why I’m obsessed with these thoughts.
Does anyone know what this is??? Why has it gotten so bad I don’t know what to do. Please anyone of this is a common fear or has a name tell me so I can look up ways to make it stop.

av1988
05-08-2018, 05:55 PM
I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve always had anxiety but never this bad. I’ve recently tried to go off my meds but got the worst anxiety of my life so went back on, but they’re not working!
I’m desperate. I’m anxious 24/7 and obsessed with thoughts of dying and time and I can’t stop.
I just want to be drunk all the time so I don’t have to feel and sometimes I wish I was never born because I can’t stand feeling like this it’s unbearable. I don’t know what to do and don’t know why I’m obsessed with these thoughts.
Does anyone know what this is??? Why has it gotten so bad I don’t know what to do. Please anyone of this is a common fear or has a name tell me so I can look up ways to make it stop.

I'm right there with you. I went off my meds and was hitting the bottle more and more. Soon enough, I was drinking all day just to feel good. I'm now back on prozac, xanax, and hydroxycide (spelling) to help me sleep without being anxious. Waking up after a night of drinking breeds anxiety. You start out with a moral hangover (maybe a physical one too), you worry that you're harming your body, and you worry you can't drive anywhere because you're drunk. In my experience, excessive drinking created agoraphobia for me. Now that I'm not drinking, I feel much better. A lot of those symptoms I had that made me think I was dying are not there. Yes, the meds help a lot, but the key is to stay on the long term meds (stuff like prozac) until the chemicals in your brain correct themselves (this of course depends on the person, just sharing my experience). Then get off the meds and exercise! Motivating yourself to work out or be active releases endorphin's into your brain that combat anxiety.

I could list a million reasons why I thought I was doing to die. Money, had a cold once that triggered me to believe I had a crazy disease, driving too fast...just a million reasons. I actually developed physical symptoms because of these fears.

What you have is very common. I know exactly how you feel.

Talk to someone on a regular basis. Develop a routine. Make sure your loved ones are there to support you if you feel down. The last thing? DISTRACTIONS! Boredom can trigger anxiety. Keep yourself very busy and you should feel a lot better.

MainerMikeBrown
05-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Pilich, one psychiatrist I used to see told me that if someone is on psychiatric medication that is working well for them, and then they suddenly stop taking the pills, and then they try to go back on those medications later on, it may not work for them the second time around, or not as well.