PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Chantj
03-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone. I started a thread but I don’t think it got posted I’m not sure why. I’m going to keep this one short and sweet just to see if it posts

Well this one did post, so I guess I can add to it. I’m a 25 year old male, with social anxiety, which I just don’t hang out with people I don’t know and I avoid large crowds and that keeps that issue at bay.

My other issue really stems from health anxiety, mostly in particularly is HIV phobia.

lavender95
03-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Hi there, I suffer from on/off anxiety and depression. My anxiety is not social anxiety like yours but comes when I'm dealing with a stressful situation. My key problem is that I always put myself in these situations where I have to lie and/or be stressed. I'm working on it with my doctor. I don't know much about social anxiety. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with a group of friends, or do you prefer to hang out with just one or two friends?

Chantj
03-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Health anxiety is more so my issue. The social anxiety I just avoid crowds / people I don’t know.

My HA is always, looking for every little thing that could be wrong with me. However when I put myself in a 2 low risk for HIV situations in the past month, I am now worried constantly that I have contracted the disease, even if my risk was minimal. I’m convinced it’s going to happen to me and I’m going to let everyone down