PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Disorder

Stat
02-18-2018, 09:09 AM
Hi all

I have recently been diagnosed with GAD and health anxiety and social anxiety this has shook me alot if i am honest. When i was 17 I suffered with Agrophobia and spent a year inside my house during this time i became unwell and was tested gor umpteen things. Now looking back all symptoms point to anxiety i suffered weight loss rapid 0 appetite and severe attacks of panic.

3-4weeks ago this seems to have reared its head again i have again lost my appetite have suffered around 7lb in weight loss so far. I am sleeping little and often when i wake up the attacks are worse.

Wanted to see if anyone else has the same sort of symptoms as the above and how they came to manage it if ever. Any help appreciated.

Buck
02-18-2018, 04:11 PM
I would encourage you ro look at the sticky thread up top entitled anxiety symptoms it really cam manifest in a number of ways quite honestly.

Stat
02-19-2018, 08:23 AM
I would encourage you ro look at the sticky thread up top entitled anxiety symptoms it really cam manifest in a number of ways quite honestly.

Yeah i have looked over them i also get the fear of impending doom also. Just wanted to know if anyone else suffered with similar symptoms and if so what they did to cope or manage them.

ClareBear
02-20-2018, 04:41 AM
I get the impending doom, it's probably one of the worst symptoms! Mine can last all day, I just spend the day feeling terrified and crying because it feels like something really bad is happening or going to happen.

Stat
02-21-2018, 03:29 AM
I get the impending doom, it's probably one of the worst symptoms! Mine can last all day, I just spend the day feeling terrified and crying because it feels like something really bad is happening or going to happen.

Yeah mine is really bad in the mornings i find takes me a while to break the chain. My biggest thing is the health anxiety because it effects appetite weight so you then panic over that. I have CBT booked and am on medication i only started a week ago this can take a few weeks to work though.

Butters11
02-24-2018, 10:07 PM
The morning is the absolute worst. It is when my anxiety hits the worst. It is barely manageable. You are not alone. I rarely left the house for a year when I was in my first year of college. Hang in there. You're not alone.