PDA

View Full Version : Okay I'm freaking out again :/

klynn
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm only 18 years old so I don't see how this could happen because I am healthy. For the past three days or so I've been getting a ringing in my right ear every now and then. It only stays for a few seconds, but it's making me worry. Luckily I have an appointment with my ear nose and throat doctor tomorrow. I was searching things on the net and read some middle aged woman's story about how she had ringing in the ears along with vomiting, dizziness and she ended up having heart failure and a stroke. It makes me freak out and think that that is what is going on with me. I know I shouldn't believe stuff like this, but I can't seem to help it. I did have a small cold a little over a week ago and my dad said that sometimes you can get ringing in one ear due to sinus pressure...
Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I'd really like to know!

Vicki
11-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Your Dad is absolutely right! I'd bet you're just fine and have nothing serious wrong! Just look at getting checked over as a precaution :D

northstar
11-25-2008, 07:28 AM
vicki and your dad are right in telling you not to worry :D i'd totally expect that this has something to do with your cold. your ear nose and throat are all connected and it's not unusual for stuff like this to happen when you get a cold or an infection.

another tip, don't google your symptoms cause you'll usually get a result that will totally freak you out! lol. your doctor is a waaaaay better person to talk to. google + anxiety = no fun at all ;)

ken_sk_ca
11-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes, never google your symptoms. Since I have stopped doing that I have been doing much better.

A few months ago I was sure I had a brain tumur. Dizzy all the time, ringing in my ears, felt a bump on my head, tired all the time. Went to the doctor, got anti-biotics for an ear infection. A week later I was fine.

klynn
11-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone! That makes me feel much better :)

idreamofskiba
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I've had ringing in my ears for the past week. It scares me too, but I'm trying not to think about it. I have been taking a lot of Advil lately and read that that can cause ringing in the ears.

klynn
11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, I went to the doctor today and he told me that ringing is a sign of sinus pressure. I don't have an ear infection and he said everything looks good. He said it might be a good idea to get a sinus CT scan to see if there's anything going on in there, but it's nothing to worry about at all. Made me feel SO much better!!