PDA

View Full Version : Losing hope!

Canary
11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I've never had it this bad before. I feel like I'm losing the battle. I can't fight against my thoughts anymore... i stay thinking negative things even when i'm dreaming. I don't know what causes it, but school and work and all the stress doesn't help. I really feel hopeless, and I hope I can see a doctor about it soon, because I'm worried about what's going to happen. It's like I'm losing my mind, and the further I slip, the harder it is to get back out.

xxfairybluxx
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, I imagine it's scary seeing a doctor about mental issues. It makes it all seem so real all of a sudden. However, these people are trained to deal with anxiety and I bet they see people with it every day. I've often thought about getting an appointment when i've felt really bad, but when I feel ok i'd probably end up cancelling it. I wouldn't know how to explain how I felt to a doctor anyway and would just feel even more anxious of looking weird.

I don't understand how meds can help that much when the problems often negative thought patterns and irrational fears, but thats just me being sceptical. CBT sounds really effective for changing the way you think :). I guess its better to act rather than let it get worse.

bomont
11-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I've been there when things seem hopeless. I got to the stage where I could barely leave the house.

I assure you there is hope. Medication and councelling can help you but you must share it with a medical professional. I refused help for years and I now regret the years wasted.

Do it now so that you can start to enjoy life!

northstar
11-25-2008, 07:42 AM
canary i am sorry you feel so bad :console:

talking to your doctor is a really good idea, i hope you manage to do that soon. in the mean time there are lots of things that you can do to help yourself out, you can read about them in another post i wrote here: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087

i hope that helps a bit, you really sound like you're having a tough time :( please do let us know how you're feeling